Teacher in class

Overseas Trained Teachers

If you are OTT you will need to have a fully recognised teaching qualification and be able to provide evidence of this. For more information please contact the overseas trained advice line on 01245 454321. To check that your qualifications are equivalent to the UK ones you will need to provide a NARIC comparison letter. Please contact NARIC at info@naric.org.uk or contact them on 0870 990 4088

If you are a national within the EEA and have qualified as a teacher in an EEA state school you do not need permission to work in the UK. Nationals of countries not in the EEA or Commonwealth will need a work permit. People with dual nationality in Britain or another EU Country which includes being married to a British National, or who have a Spouse with dual nationality will not require permission to work in the U.K. Please contact the Home office or British Embassy for more information.

If you wish to register with us you will need to bring the following documentation:

• Passport
• Visa, if required
• CV: Up-to-date with no gaps in chronological order
• Police check from the last country you lived in / or letter of good conduct
• Details of 2 referees (including names, school addresses, email addresses – telephone & fax numbers and job title of referees)
• Evidence of where you are living in UK ( 2 x proofs of address)
• NARIC: qualifications comparison letter
• Degree and teaching certificates
• QTS certificate - where applicable
• Current CRB or documentation as listed on teacher page

Education People represent many teachers and learning support assistants from around the world and we very much look forward to hearing from you.