Covid-19: Returning to work in Schools
1. Be Prepared
Please arrive to assignments prepared with the following items:
• Hand sanitizer (to keep in your bag or in your car, to sanitize before entering schools and after leaving).
• Anti-bacterial wipes to clean down your desk before and after use.
• It may also be sensible (particularly for staff working closely with students, such as LSAs) to bring a spare change of clothes in case of contamination.
• Feel free also to bring a face mask to be worn in communal areas.
2. Familiarise yourself with guidelines
Each school is likely to have their own regulations and procedures in place. If you are able to familiarise yourself with the school’s policies and procedures prior to arrival at your assignment, please do so. Please also endeavour to keep yourself up to date on the latest general guidance.
3. Model good behaviours
Ensure that you are always modelling Covid-19 best practice - eg. good hand hygiene, social distancing and Covid-19 prevention best practice. This ensures you are keeping yourself safe whilst also setting a good example for the children you are teaching and supporting.
If there is something you are unsure of, it is important to let us and the school know as soon as possible. It’s important to trust your instincts and communicate with us if something doesn’t feel right. Equally, if you begin to show symptoms, or anyone in your household shows symptoms or tests positive for Covid-19, you MUST inform us straight away and self isolate as per official guidance.
If you have any questions, please get in touch with us on 0117 325 1516 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will endeavor to assist in any way that we can.