Education People Ltd is a recruitment business which provides work-finding services to its clients and work-seekers. Education People Ltd must process personal data (including sensitive personal data) so that it can provide these services – in doing so, Education People Ltd acts as a data controller.
You may give your personal details to Education People Ltd directly, such as on an application or registration form or via our website, or we may collect them from another source such as a jobs board. Education People Ltd must have a legal basis for processing your personal data. For the purposes of providing you with work-finding services and/or information relating to roles relevant to you we will only use your personal data in accordance with this privacy statement. At all times we will comply with current data protection laws.
- Collection and use of personal data
- Purpose of processing and legal basis
- Legitimate interest
- Statutory/contractual requirement
- Recipients of data
- Information to be provided when data is not collected directly from the data subject
- Categories of data
- Sources of data
- Overseas transfers
- Data retention
- Your rights
- Automated decision making
- Login files
- Links to external sites
- Sale of the business
- Data security
- Changes to this privacy statement
- Complaints or queries
1a. Purpose of processing and legal basis
Education People Ltd will collect your personal data (which may include sensitive personal data) and will process your personal data for the purposes of providing you with work-finding services. This includes for example, contacting you about job opportunities, assessing your suitability for those opportunities, updating our databases, putting you forward for job opportunities, arranging payments to you and developing and managing our services and relationship with you and our clients.
If you have opted-in we may also send you marketing information and news via email/ text. You can opt-out from receiving these at any time by clicking “unsubscribe” when you receive these communications from us.
In some cases we may be required to use your data for the purpose of investigating, reporting and detecting crime and also to comply with laws that apply to us. We may also use your information during the course of internal audits to demonstrate our compliance with certain industry standards.
We must have a legal basis to process your personal data. The legal bases we rely upon to offer our work-finding services to you are:
- Your consent
- Where we have a legitimate interest
- To comply with a legal obligation that we have
- To fulfil a contractual obligation that we have with you
1b. Legitimate interest
Where Education People Ltd has relied on a legitimate interest to process your personal data our legitimate interests are as follows:
- Managing our database and keeping work-seeker records up to date & compliant;
- Providing work-finding services to you and our clients;
- Contacting you to seek your consent where we need it;
- Giving you information about similar services that you have used from us recently;
1c. Statutory/contractual requirement
Education People Ltd has certain legal and contractual requirements to collect personal data (e.g. to comply with the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003, immigration and tax legislation, and in some circumstances safeguarding requirements.) Our clients may also require this personal data, and/or we may need your data to enter into a contract with you. If you do not give us the personal data, we need to collect we may not be able to continue to provide work-finding services to you.
1d. Recipient/s of data
Education People Ltd will process your personal data and sensitive personal data with the following recipients:
- Clients, whom we introduce to you e.g. schools, nurseries and local authorities
- Former employers whom we may seek references from
- The Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) and any other third parties who carry out audits to ensure that Education People Ltd are running the business correctly and in line with Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003
- Payroll service providers who manage payroll on our behalf or other payment intermediaries whom we may introduce you to
- Other recruitment agencies in the supply chain
- GEL, GEM, Keen Thinking / Simplicity in Business, Inland Revenue (CRM, IT and Payroll)
2. Information to be provided when data collected not from the data subject
2a. Categories of data
Education People Ltd has collected the following personal data on you during the recruitment process. This includes:
- your contact details, including your: name, address, telephone number, personal e-mail address;
- personal information included in a CV, any application form, covering letter or interview notes; references;
- information about your right to work in the UK and copies of proof of right to work documentation;
- copies of qualification certificates;
- copies of membership certificates of professional bodies;
- copy of driving licence;
- other background check documentation (e.g. Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks, Barred List Checks, Overseas Police Checks);
- details of your skills, qualifications, experience and work history with previous employers;
- information about your current salary level, including benefits and pension entitlements;
- National Insurance number.
Sensitive personal data
- Whether or not you have a disability for which Education People Ltd needs to make reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process;
- information about criminal convictions and offences.
2b. Source of the personal data:
Education People Ltd sourced your personal data/sensitive personal data via;
- Job boards which will include; CV Library, Reed, Total Jobs, Indeed, UWE Careers Day & LinkedIn
- A referee whose details you previously provided to us
- Software provides who we use to support our services including (Gel Recruitment)
- Cookies listed in section 5
3. Overseas Transfers
Education People Ltd will not transfer the information you provide to us to countries outside the European Economic Area (‘EEA’) for the purposes of providing you with work-finding services. The EEA comprises the EU member states plus Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein.
4. Data retention
Education People Ltd will retain your personal data only for as long as is necessary for the purpose we collect it. Different laws may also require us to keep different data for different periods of time. For example, the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003, require us to keep work-seeker records for at least one year from (a) the date of their creation or (b) after the date on which we last provide you with work-finding services.
We must also keep your payroll records, holiday pay, sick pay and pensions auto-enrolment records for as long as is legally required by HMRC and associated national minimum wage, social security and tax legislation. This is currently 3 to 6 years.
Where Education People Ltd has obtained your consent to process your personal and sensitive personal data (as listed above) we will do so in line with our retention policy (a copy of which is attached). Upon expiry of that period Education People Ltd will seek further consent from you. Where consent is not granted Education People Ltd will cease to process your personal data and sensitive personal data.
5. Your rights
Please be aware that you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to be informed about the personal data that Education People Ltd processes on you;
- The right of access to the personal data that Education People Ltd processes on you;
- The right to rectification of your personal data;
- The right to erasure of your personal data in certain circumstances;
- The right to restrict processing of your personal data;
- The right to data portability in certain circumstances;
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data that was based on a public or legitimate interest;
- The right not to be subjected to automated decision making and profiling; and
- The right to withdraw consent at any time.
Where you have consented to Education People Ltd processing your personal data and sensitive personal data you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time by contacting Sally Norman, Manager and Data Protection Officer on 0117 325 1516 or [email protected]. Please note that if you withdraw your consent to further processing that does not affect any processing done prior to the withdrawal of that consent, or which is done according to another legal basis.
There may be circumstances where Education People Ltd will still need to process your data for legal or official reasons. Where this is the case, we will tell you and we will restrict the data to only what is necessary for those specific reasons.
If you believe that any of your data that Education People Ltd processes is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us using the details above and we will take reasonable steps to check its accuracy and correct it where necessary.
6. Automated decision making
You can also contact us using the above details if you want us to restrict the type or amount of data we process for you, access your personal data or exercise any of the other rights listed above.
- Make our website work as you’d expect
- Gain insight into how people use our website and to help us improve it (how many people have visited our website)
- Make our advertising more relevant to you Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. Please note that in a few cases some of our website features may not function if you remove cookies from your browser.
8. Login Files
We use IP addresses to analyse trends, administer the site, track users’ movements, and to gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
9. Links to external websites
Education People Ltd’ website may contain links to other external websites. Please be aware that Education People Ltd is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. When you leave our site we encourage you to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by the Company’s website.
10. Sale of business
If Education People Ltd’s business is sold or integrated with another business your details may be disclosed to our advisers and any prospective purchasers and their advisers and will be passed on to the new owners of the business.
11. Data Security
Education People Ltd takes every precaution to protect our users’ information. Including; firewalls, browser certification technology, encryption, limited access, use of passwords on computers, office mobile and paper files in locked cabinets. Locked office with alarm and key code to enter building.
Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, consultants, our accounts clerk or a marketing assistant) are granted access to your information.
Education People Ltd uses all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal information. However, you should be aware that the use of email and the Internet is not entirely secure and for this reason Education People Ltd cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal information which is transferred from you or to you via email/ the Internet. If you share a device with others we recommend that you do not select the “remember my details” function when that option is offered. If you have any questions about the security of our website, you can email Sally Norman [email protected].
12. Changes to this privacy statement
We will update this privacy statement from time to time. We will post any changes on the statement with revision dates. If we make any material changes, we will notify you.
13. Complaints or queries
If you wish to complain about this privacy notice or any of the procedures set out in it please contact: Sally Norman, Manager and Data Protection Officer on 0117 325 1516 or [email protected]. You also have the right to raise concerns with Information Commissioner’s Office on 0303 123 1113 or at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/, or any other relevant supervisory authority should your personal data be processed outside of the UK, if you believe that your data protection rights have not been adhered to.